What happens in the courthouse...

Unless explicitly noted otherwise, this blog represents my own opinions, not those of any organization (like the Kittitas County Democratic Party) that I might be involved with.

Feel free to join the conversation: welcome aboard!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Going to declare tomorrow

Today I dropped in on Mike Johnston of the Daily Record to tell him that I'm running for county commissioner. His first question was, "Have you talked to your wife about this?" Well, yes. I suppose it's normal, but she runs hot and cold on this whole thing. On the one hand, she has to agree that the county really needs a change, and that for too long good people have failed to step up, and that I'd be really good at the job. On the other hand, there's no telling what it will be like to be involved in a campaign.

I am running as an independent, even though I am a life-long Democrat. Why? Because I think county commissioners need to make decisions that are best for the county, not because a party or party backer wants things done a certain way.

No comments:

Post a Comment